Our estimates are free, and you may drop in for an estimate anytime between 9am and 4pm.
Estimates take approximately 20 minutes to complete, depending upon the extent of the
damage. If using insurance, you are responsible for your deductible, if you have one, payable to
Autobody Images, Inc., at the completion of repairs. The insurance company is responsible for
all repair expenses above your deductible. Or, if you are “self-pay” you must pay for all repairs
at the time of delivery of your vehicle. Please contact us for more information.
- How do I set up an insurance claim?
- Should I drive my car after an accident?
- What are betterment charges?
- Can other repairs or services be done on my vehicle while it is in the shop?
- Is there a warranty on the repairs to my vehicle?
- If my vehicle’s frame is damaged is it a total loss?
- Will the parts be ordered before I drop off my vehicle?
- How long will the repairs to my vehicle take?
- Can I wash my car right after?
- Do you do ding and dent removal?
- What is paint-less dent removal?
- Will my auto insurance pay for paintless dent removal?
- Is there a warranty for the repairs to my car?
1. How do I set up an insurance claim?
Contact your insurance company and report the accident to begin the claims process. Tell them you choose to have your collision repairs done at Autobody Images (ABI). Contact us directly and our customer service representatives will guide you through the process. We are direct repair facility with most insurance companies. This means we can make the process simple and quick for you.
2. Should I drive my car after an accident?
It really depends on the extent of your damage. Generally speaking, if you have any lights out, or your car doesn't feel "quite right", or parts are rubbing on tires, give us a call and we can arrange towing. You may also request to have your vehicle towed to our shop direct from the accident scene. We can best determine your vehicles safety if you drop by our location.
3. What are betterment charges?
Parts that wear out and need to be replaced with time and use (such as tires, batteries and suspension parts) are commonly subject to betterment charges when they are replaced during the repair
process. The betterment charges are determined by the insurance company and are pro-rated, based on actual miles of your vehicle.
COLLISION REPAIR FAQ’s
4. Can other repairs or services be done on my vehicle while it is in the shop?
Yes, just be sure to notify your estimator of the repairs or services that you would like performed, so that he or she can make the necessary arrangements.
5. Is there a warranty on the repairs to my vehicle?
Yes. We want you to feel confident that your vehicle is being repaired correctly. Autobody Images offers a written lifetime warranty on all repairs and the full manufacturer’s warranty on all parts.
6. If my vehicle’s frame is damaged is it a total loss?
No. A car is a total loss only when the price of repairs exceeds the insurance companies determined value of your vehicle. Our highly trained technicians, with the aid of our computerized frame measuring system, can return your vehicle to its original factory specifications. If it is determined that the frame section is bent beyond repair, the frame can be removed and replaced.
7.Will the parts be ordered before I drop off my vehicle?
Yes. We generally order your vehicle’s parts before your scheduled drop off date. However, we may have to order additional parts for damage that becomes apparent after your car is disassembled in the shop.
8. How long will the repairs to my vehicle take?
Quality repairs begin with a detailed written estimate. Our trained estimators make a practice of anticipating problems before they arise. However, damage is often hidden and cannot be discovered until your vehicle has been disassembled. If this happens, your vehicle’s completion date may need to be revised. We promise to keep you informed throughout the repair process, and we assure you we will return your vehicle to you as quickly as possible.
PAINTING SERVICES FAQ’s
We guarantee in writing that the factory color will be matched, as long as all painting is completed in accordance with factory suggested paint procedures. We use the finest automotive paints and processes available.
9. Can I wash my car right after?
All of our paint work is high baked dry at 180 degrees, but it still takes time for the finish to cure and harden completely. Yes, wash the vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash solution using a soft cloth or sponge. Do not use a commercial car wash for the first 30 days because stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish and damage the surface. Do not wax or polish the vehicle for 30 days.
DENT REMOVAL FAQ’s
10. Do you do ding and dent removal?
Yes! We are a full service body and collision repair facility. This means that we meet or exceed collision repair industry standards in equipment, staff, training and certifications..
11. What is paint-less dent removal?
Paintless dent removal (PDR) is the process of removing dents, dings, creases, and hail damage from vehicles without affecting the original paint finish. PDR is much quicker and less expensive than traditional repair methods.
12. Will my auto insurance pay for paintless dent removal?
In most cases, yes. However, many times the PDR estimate will be less than your deductible. If your vehicle has substantial damage, notify your insurance agent and call us for a free estimate. ABI is a preferred provider of PDR for major insurance companies and can assist you through the claims process.
13. Is there a warranty for the repairs to my car?
Your vehicle's repairs will be backed by a LIFETIME written warranty, given to you at the completion of your repair.